How Low Can You Go

Running Club

>> Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello Wednesday, bloggers!  I am feeling good today.  I am starting a Running Club at my High School this year and I am starting to get things organized.  We are going to meet once or twice a week and go for a half an hour run as well as have a little talk about various topics (healthy eating, cross training, etc...)  Does anyone have any advice they want to give me? 
My goal is to have them run a 5K in November.  I really think that they can do it.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

High Heels & Good Meals! August 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

That's awesome! I love running! I've been told that you should consume good amounts of protein when doing a lot of running.

safire August 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM  

I love that you are organizing it!

-Stretching and Hydration are key points I think :)

Good luck!

Anonymous,  August 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM  

Sounds like a great idea. Great for the kids and great for you. Go for it.

I would suggest that you seek out a shoe store like fleet feet. Here in Ohio they host different clinics for runners.

By the way, the image for this post inspired me to go to the gym. My original plan was to hit the couch after work. Thanks for the motivation.

Overweight in SoCal August 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM  

Sounds like a great idea.

Working with everyone to figure out what works best for each person will keep everyone motivated and feeling like an integral part of the group. Figure out a way to move things around if a couple of people cannot make it to ensure you accommodate everybody and keep them coming back :)

Emily August 30, 2012 at 8:10 AM  

Wow you're looking fantastic since I was last here! So great to see. Good luck with the 5k but don't get too obsessed with the new scales :p

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates