How Low Can You Go

Highest of Highs and the Lowest of Lows

>> Wednesday, August 22, 2012

   Two weeks ago I was elated, I had reached 217.  Monday, it all came crashing down.  I felt like the Canadian 4 x 100 relay team at the Olympics this year, when they thought they won the bronze medal and then realized that they were disqualified.  I weighed in at 226.8.  That is almost 10 pounds in two weeks.  I have no one to blame for this but myself.  I still can't get over how my body puts on weight so fast.  It is really sad.  How could have have just thrown away everything that I had worked so hard for...
   Now that I have done crying, I realized that I have some serious work to do.  I am going to the gym twice a day (and eating right) until I get back down to 217.  It is not easy to get out of bed at 6 am to head to the gym.  I do A LOT of the prep the night before.  The first night I did it guess what I forgot to pack?  No not my running shoes...no not my iPod...MY UNDERWEAR!  So after I showered I had to go commando for the day (BTW why do they call it commando? Do people in combat not wear underwear? Just asking).   I have been doing it since Monday for the last few days and it is not a joke. But I told myself I would do it and I am sticking to it.

   I also found this on the Oxygen Magazine Website 


#5 hit my when my friend told me over the weekend that she wants to start running because she saw what it to my body.  I was so surprised that someone would look at me as an inspiration.  When there are so many times that I feel like a semi-failure.

Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

Unknown August 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM  

Sweetie..you are too hard on yourself! Please don't ever look at yourself as a failure! You are far from a failure! You have accomplished much and you should be very proud!

On another note, please don't be discourage by those 10 pounds. I am learning that so much can cause a fluctuation in our weight. Have you been eating lots of salt, or drinking lots of alcohol and not drinking enough water? You could be retaining water. And I know 10 lbs may sound like alot of water..but its possible! And last week I was fighting a cold and I was up on the scale. Monday I started back drinking water and yesterday morning I was back to normal weight! And lets not even factor in if its that time of the month..that right there could be 5 lbs! But don't worry about it, it all self corrects!

Yum Yucky August 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM  

In the past, my weight has fluctuated like that, too. I understand how you feel. It's downright discouraging sometimes (the honest trust). But just focus less on the numbers and more on how awesome you're doing at living healthy. The rest will fall into line!

Miesha Roshawn August 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM  

I put on weight quickly too. I can feel my gains in my clothes, the scale doesn't have to tell me! It's your life, these changes are for life...not the moment. You'll be fine :)

Anonymous,  August 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM  

I know it is a little counter-intuitive, and take it with a grain of salt, but maybe you could weigh yourself everyday?

It might help with the daily food consumption by knowing where you start out the day. It might set a tone that allows you to nip problems in the bud. Wake up one day 2 lbs heavier than the last? Maybe that will influence you exercise and food choices. We all know that you can't out-exercise a bad diet. Ten pounds then won't come out of nowhere.

It is a method I use to maintain my weight. YMMV.

Keep with it! Good luck!

Kris

Overweight in SoCal August 23, 2012 at 1:22 AM  

I agree with everyone above, stop being so hard on yourself. You've realized what you need to do and are already on it. And that my dear blogger friend is the most important thing :)

Honeybee August 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM  

I understand how you feel, i've been there. many times. it was so frustrating when you hold yourself from eating anything unhealthy but you didn't see any changes on the scale, but it's only a little slip you did that you gain a lot. Never lose hope. all the best to you.

http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

Shawneda August 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

You're back on track. That is what matters. Keep going. You're always one decision away from being the healthy you, you've always seen in your mind.

BTW the commando thing was hilarious.

GFS August 25, 2012 at 5:51 AM  

You inspire me! When you posted about that mud challenge or marathon a few months ago, you were officially placed on the pedestal! And I needed to read that list! Weightloss is a daily thing I've learned. I think really hard before I eat a cookie these days and now feel guilty when I don't workout.

GFS August 25, 2012 at 5:53 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates