How Low Can You Go

Toronto Caribana: Amazing Weekend!

>> Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am back from my wonderful weekend in Toronto.  I had a fantastic time.On Friday I headed to Toronto with my parents and I got to the hotel early so I headed to the gym.  I should have learned by now that black girls do not go to the gym, because I swear the looks that people were giving me were out of control.  I was in the hotel gym , which is located next to the pool and everyone that walked by looked at me on the treadmill like I was crazy.

That night my friend and I headed to an all white party.

Damn! I must admit that I look pretty damn skinny in this pic.

Saturday was the big day, we were supposed to be at the mas camp (the area where all the masqueraders were meeting) around 10 am.  Since we were 5 girls  getting ready we got up around 8 am.  We proceeded to do our make up, eyelashes and all that jazz.  We then headed to the parade.  Let me tell you that when you see 5 beautiful ladies in full costume, you will get stares.  I now know what a celebrity feels like, everyone wanted to take pictures with us, young old, foreigners.  I felt so special.  Here are a few pics. 

This guy's abs are out of control!  I can't stop looking at this pic in amazement.



A fantastic time was had by all and out band came in 2nd place.  I will definitely be down again next year.

The weekend was great,but of course, I ate more fast food than I had the rest of the year.  One week until the big 3-0 , so I am back on track.  The good news is that in all the madness, only 3 pounds was gained.  Lets see what weigh in on Friday brings.  Next stop TRINIDAD in MARCH!

New followers, I see you!  Welcome, welcome!

P.S. I realized that I only have about 35 pounds to loss to reach my goal, that really isn't that much!  I can do this!

13 comments:

GFS August 5, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Get it girl! You have way more MOXY than I ever will! You look awesome!

michelle August 5, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

You look amazing! I am glad you had a great time. I agree with you its time to get back to work! and you are right you can lost those 35 pounds NO DOUBT :)

Chayah August 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

You look great!! So now I know what Caribana is and sounds like it was alot of fun. LMBO @ "I should have learned by now that black girls do not go to the gym".!

Unknown August 6, 2010 at 2:02 AM  

Wow!! That looks like a blast. I gotta make it there someday.

Holy Hott Abs Batman!!

Overweight in SoCal August 6, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Hi I left you the lovely Versatile Award on my blog. Please check it out~!

erica August 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

You look absolutely amazing!!!

xo

LC August 6, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Vavavoom! You look great! Glad you had a good time!

Ro August 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

You look fab...all of you ladeies do. and I must say that all white....
HONEEY I ain"t mad. You look very trim and slim!

Rock it ot tomorrow get your inner Rocky on :-)

Anonymous,  August 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

The Hotnessssss!!! Fantastic costume and you look great in it. Glad you had a FAB time!!!

Nona

Anonymous,  August 8, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

You look great!! Absolutely beautiful!! Looks like you all had a lot of fun too!

Anonymous,  August 10, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

LeeLee September 7, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

You looked FABULOUS!!!! I am so glad to hear you had a Great time!!! Working it out!!! What!!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates